GOLF FEES – GENERAL.
This is Sec. 12.12. of the San Francisco Park Code, titled “GOLF FEES – GENERAL..” It is part of Article 12, titled “FEES.” It contains 5 laws.
(a) Authorization. The Recreation and Park Department (the "Department") is hereby authorized to charge fees at the San Francisco municipal golf courses at Harding Park, Fleming, Lincoln Park, Sharp Park, Golden Gate Park, and McLaren Park (collectively, the "Golf Courses") in the manner and in conformance with the standards set forth herein. The Department and the Controller shall adjust golf fees in accordance with Section 12.20 of this Article.
(b) Discount Fee Categories.
(1) Bay Area Rates shall apply to residents of the following Bay Area counties who provide proof of residency: San Francisco (for residents without a valid Resident Golf Card), Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano and Sonoma.
(2) Junior Rates shall apply to persons 17 years of age and under.
(3) Resident Rates shall apply to persons holding Resident Golf Cards per subsection (c) below.
(i) Residents shall pay Tournament Rates, not Resident Rates, for tournament play.
(ii) A Junior Tournament Rate, applicable to a group of 16 or more players aged 17 years and under, shall be 50 percent of the regular Tournament Rate for the applicable course. The Junior Tournament Rate shall apply to juniors participating in the Family Tournament held at Golden Gate Park, and the City Championship held at Lincoln Park and Harding Park.
(c) Resident Golf Cards.
(1) The Department shall charge a fee of $90.00 for a San Francisco Resident Golf Card, entitling the holder to discounts (Resident Rates) on the Golf Courses for two years from the date of issuance. Cards shall be available to San Francisco residents and/or San Francisco property owners only upon presentation of valid proof of residency or ownership.
(2) The Department shall charge a fee of $60.00 for a Pacifica Resident Golf Card entitling the holder to discounts (Resident Rates) at the Sharp Park Golf Course only for two years from the date of issuance. Cards shall be available to Pacifica residents only upon presentation of valid proof of residency.
(3) The Department shall charge a fee of $25.00 for replacement of San Francisco and Pacifica Resident Golf Cards.
(4) If a San Francisco or Pacifica resident card application is returned to the applicant because the information on the application is incorrect or incomplete, there shall be an additional administrative fee of $5.00.
(d) Flexible Pricing. At Harding Park, Sharp Park and Lincoln Park golf courses only, the Department's General Manager or his or her designee may approve temporary fee increases and/or decreases from time to time based on fluctuations in customer demand at those three courses as follows:
(1) discounts of not more than 25 percent for greens fees;
(2) increases of up to 50 percent for all non-resident fees and tournament fees; and
(3) increases of up to 25 percent for resident fees.
(e) Motorized Golf Carts.
(1) Subject to subsection (2) below, the rental fees for motorized golf carts shall be $26.00 for carts at Lincoln Park, McLaren Park (Gleneagles) and Sharp Park, and $40.00 for carts at Harding Park.
(2) There shall be no fee for a motorized golfcart for
(i) persons paying Tournament Rates at any of the Golf Courses, and
(ii) persons paying either Standard or Tournament Rates at Harding Park.
(f) Reservations. A $1.00 per person fee shall be charged for reservations made by phone or online seven days or less in advance of the reserved tee time for any of the Golf Courses.
(Added by Ord. 170-12 , File No. 120608, App. 7/27/2012, Eff. 8/26/2012)
(Former Sec. 12.12 added by Ord. 52-02, File No. 020198, App. 4/26/2002; amended by Ord. 180-05, File No. 050987, App. 7/29/2005; Ord. 184-06, File No. 060771, App. 7/21/2006; Ord. 186-07, File No. 070816, App. 8/3/2007; Ord. 157-10, File No. 100360, App. 7/1/2010; Ord. 151-11, File No. 110549, App. 8/1/2011, Eff. 8/31/2011; repealed by Ord. 170-12 , File No. 120608, App. 7/27/2012, Eff. 8/26/2012)